A THOUSAND THANKS TO GOOD DOG RESCUE

Memphis, Tennessee 0 comments

My heart is breaking for the poor sickly golden retriever mix who was so cruelly abandoned on this god-forsaken highway in front of my house here in Arkansas. When I went out to get the paper Sunday morning, I found her sitting at the end of my driveway, nothing but a bag of bones. But she looked up at me with her big brown eyes and, weak as she was, managed a slight little tail wag. I tried to get her to come to the house with me but she couldn't even walk, and my husband had to pick her up and carry her to the garage where I prepared a pile of blankets for her to lie on. She couldn't have weighed more than 35 or 40 pounds and I could see that she was near death.

It was a Sunday and none of the vet clinics were open but I knew this dog needed help fast if she was going to be saved so I called Mike at Good Dog Rescue right away. I told him about the golden retriever and what terrible shape she was in and, after conferring with the GDR administrators, he called me right back and told me to take her to the Animal Emergency Clinic for treatment.

Once again, GDR came to the rescue, as I knew they would. You see, this stretch of highway has been a dumping ground for animals as long as I can remember. There are a few little houses here (including mine) and I guess heartless pet owners figure this is as good a place as any to dispose of their unwanted pets. Nobody else around here will respond to my pleas for these abandoned dogs, but GDR comes to the rescue everytime I call on them. Many of these dogs are old, sick, or injured but GDR takes them all, gets them healthy and finds wonderful families for them.

We named her Libby. She's still not out of the woods but we are all hoping and praying that she will make it. The vet says that she has been starved and has the worst case of hookworms he has ever seen and that her internal organs were on the *** of shutting down. She had to have blood transfusions and she remains in intensive care but she's getting the best treatment and we've been told that her chances are good.

I'm so grateful to Good Dog Rescue for what they are doing for Libby, because otherwise she wouldn't have had a chance. It's my hope and prayer that she'll respond to care and rally and get well because then GDR will find her a good forever family up north that will love her and appreciate her and give her a wonderful life.

Review about: Good Dog Rescue.

Good Dog Rescue transported a sick dog to me.

Cumberland Furnace, Tennessee 9 comments

I adopted a puppy from Good Dog Rescue.This puppy came off the transport (10/29/2011) sick and shivering.

Two vets diagnosed a heart murmur, which turned out to be patent ductus arteriosis (PDA) a hole in her heart. I have paid thousands of dollars for her surgery. Good Dog Rescue wanted me to send her back on the transport so they could fix her, according to the vets, she would have died on the way back. Good Dog Rescue has NOT offered any help, nor will they even return any of the money I paid to adopt her.

Be careful signing their adoption contract, because if they send you a sick puppy/dog, it's all your responsibility, unless of course you want to send the dog back. They also indicated that this dog was a purebred Golden Retriever. When we sent in the form to AKC, they sent us back a conditional registration indicating that a dog in her chain cannot be confirmed as a purebred. Looking at Good Dog Rescue's website ten or eleven months later, there were two Golden retriever puppies AGAIN, which leads me to believe that they are in a scam with a local puppy mill.

These people are NO rescue group.They are in it for the money and should be put out of business.

Review about: Dog Adoption.

Comments

onyxjhl

Pissed Consumer emailed me and asked me to update my complaint.They are asking if Good Dog Rescue has made any attempt to rectify this issue.

They have not, they never will, and I didn't expect them too. I am just trying to get the word out that they are a scam, they are not a rescue group, they care nothing about the dogs, they are in it only for the money. Please, please do not adopt from them.

They are getting their "purebred" puppies from Southern puppy mills!!!!What kind of rescue group does this???!!!!?!?!!?

to onyxjhl Germantown, Tennessee, United States #590620

Please stop this.I have been a foster parent for many dogs from GDR.

I paid for all of the food, puppy pads, and toys out of my own pocket. Stop saying that they are teaming up with puppy mills please it is not true. We have so many unwanted puppies and dogs down here and we need to adopt them out so we can save lives. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience but please do not stop other adoptions because it hurts the animals.

I am so glad that Brandi has you because you seem like a person who fights for what they think is right. It is not right to say these bad things about them because it is hurting the dogs waiting for a good home. I wish that you could send them your vet bill and they would refund your adoption fee. There should be some way to work this out and keep the animals in mind first.

Good luck to you and baby Brandi. Please stop saying they are a scam when fosters like me give up Thanksgiving and Christmas to foster, pay for supplies ourselves and have 10 animals in our house at one time. You are insulting us please stop.

More important you are stopping animals from finding there forever home.Please think about it.

Sarah King

to Anonymous #913627

Sarah--I find your statement "I paid for all of the food, puppy pads, and toys out of my own pocket" a little difficult to believe since this is a direct quote from their website:

OUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO OUR FOSTER FAMILIES:

- We will provide all supplies including food, leash, crate and toys.

I just had some dealings with them a week ago and many of their actions are somewhat questionable. Are you sure you are only a foster and not an employee?

to Bella #913629

I forgot to mention this statement: "fosters like me give up Thanksgiving and Christmas to foster, pay for supplies ourselves and have 10 animals in our house at one time" .... really, you choose to do this out of the goodness of your heart when they will gladly pay you???

Dorothy L

More than 4000 successful New England adoptions since 2003. Take a look at what a few dozen of our satisfied adopters have to say about Good Dog Rescue!

www.gooddogrescue.com/

www.gooddogrescue.com/HappyBeginnings1mo.htm

www.gooddogrescue.com/HappyBeginnings2mo.htm

www.gooddogrescue.com/HappyBeginnings3mo.htm

www.gooddogrescue.com/HappyBeginnings4mo.htm

www.gooddogrescue.com/HappyBeginnings5mo.htm

www.gooddogrescue.com/HappyBeginnings6mo.htm

onyxjhl

I apologize for the typos in my previous post, I was typing on a cell phone.

Dorothy, what really happened is your "rescue" group Good Dog Rescue, is in it only for the money.

We love Brandi (not her name anymore) and we did everything we could to save her.......unlike your "rescue" group. You should be out of business and never allowed to have anything to do with these poor defenseless animals.

Also, Dorothy, it wasn't a respiratory infection, you sent her to us with pneumonia and fleas.

gooddogrescue.com - please, please do not adopt from them!

PLEASE DO NOT ADOPT FROM THIS SO CALLED RESCUE GROUP.Good dog rescue NEVER said they would house her in New England.

they wanted a transport back to Tennessee. she would have died. this garbage about ua being bitter and angry is to take the spotlight off this fake reacue group. what breeder is giving up purebred puppies every litter they have.

good dog rescue ahould be shut down they could have cared leas about Brandi (happy now Dororhy...I used her name). you people ahould be ashamed of yourselves. your care nothing about rheae doga ypu are jist in it for rhw monwy Dororhy and rhw rwat od youe scam artist geoup.

i want as many pwople to lnow about you and get thwm to stop adopting sogs fepm you.finny how your mailing address ia on Connextocut, bit you are all in Twnnessee.

Dorothy L

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

First of all, and most importantly, I’m very disheartened to read nowhere in the Anderson complaint any semblance of love or affection for the little puppy “Brandi” that we sent them in October 2011. I cannot believe in their entire complaint they didn’t even say her name once, only referring to her again and again as “this dog.”

Secondly…

1 Brandi was seen by 3 different Memphis vets on 3 different occasions with no abnormalities noted and no findings of PDA.

2 The Andersons took Brandi to their vet a week after her arrival on 10/31/11 for a respiratory infection but no finding of PDA was made at that time; their own vet couldn’t find a PDA either. It wasn’t until mid November when they took Brandi to a specialist (veterinary cardiologist) that the diagnosis of PDA was made.

3 The Andersons signed an adoption agreement which states: Adopter accepts this dog as is with all defects, either observable or unobservable, and assumes all risk for the dog upon signing of this contract.

4 Nevertheless, GDR offered to take Brandi back and put her in a New England foster home and give a full refund to the Andersons, but instead they wanted to keep the puppy AND get a full refund AND have GDR pay for the surgery.

5 What about the AKC registration? Brandi is a rescue dog who was surrendered to GDR by the breeder and then adopted by GDR to the Andersons. The breeder...

6 Yes there were a pair of golden retriever pups for adoption on the GDR website recently. There have been numerous purebred pups... german shepherds, goldens, huskies, yorkies, labs, saint bernards, bloodhounds, jack russell terriers, newfoundlands and others. Everyone knows they have no spay/neuter regulations down south and the shelters down there are full of purebred puppies that have been dumped by the multitude of southern breeders who can't sell them all because everybody down there already has 2 dogs.

The Andersons refused GDR's offer to take back Brandi and put her in a New England foster home, instead making the unreasonable demand 1) to keep the puppy 2) receive a full refund 3) and have GDR pay for the surgery. I'm sorry that the Andersons are so bitter a year later and really hope they haven't taken it out on the puppy.

Dorothy L, Administrator Enfield CT